did you know?
Your bookkeeper or accountant could be trading illegally. More...
a little tax tip
Be aware of the rules regarding reporting expenses you reclaim from your company. More…
what is caring accounting?
Clients told us they hated getting a bill sprung upon them from their accountant without any real explanation as to what it was for. We went a step further. We agree fixed pricing on our work in advance. It's part of our commitment & philosophy.
how we help
We have developed a range of services to help small business owners handle the various challenges they face managing the finance and taxation aspects of their businesses. We have segmented these services into 3 key areas, helping businesses start up, supporting them through the business year and ensuring they meet their statutory obligations at the financial year end.
Start-up business accounting help
- We guide clients as to the most tax efficient structure for their business.
- We create limited companies and limited liability partnerships for clients, acting in many cases as both registered office and company secretary.
- For sole traders and limited companies we provide guidance on VAT, handle the registration process and hold the client's hand to show them how to prepare VAT returns.
- New limited companies generally need to implement payroll to make the most tax effective use of the director's personal tax allowance. Inca handles the employer payroll registration and set-up for clients.
- Some clients need to consider funding for their new business so we'll happily provide them with a template for a business plan (see our resources section) and then help with its preparation.
Through the year support
Once established, small businesses may need a variety of services as they progress through the business year.
- Inca operates monthly or weekly payroll to take away the stress of ensuring staff and directors are paid on time and the correct tax is calculated and paid to HMRC.
- VAT registered businesses often wish for assistance to ensure they are claiming the correct VAT relief.
- Using the financial information to help run the business forms a key part of the bookkeeping service Inca provides to its small business clients. This ranges from paying suppliers to chasing customer payments and ensuring taxes are paid on time. Our clients utilise this service either at their location or simply packaging everything together and sending it to us to process into valuable management information.
Year end help
The year end is a time for tax planning as well as statutory obligations.
- We prepare annual accounts and tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and companies.
- We help limited companies prepare their annual return to Companies House
- We assist individuals with planning for the tax year end.
As with all Inca services, everything is carried out on a fixed price basis backed by free telephone support. It's all part of our approach of "Caring Accounting".
did you know?
If you run your business from home you can receive tax relief. More...
Subscribe and receive stacks of FREE accounting advice, guidance, hints and tips every month!